Teresa den Hoed, CRTS
Dr. Gary Young, ND, founder of Young Living Essential Oils, experienced a seemingly-miraculous recovery after a very serious logging accident; doctors predicted he would never walk again. Dr. Young developed a new healing modality based upon three tools thought to have facilitated his remarkable recovery: Essential Oils, Vitaflex (a form of reflexology) and Feathering Technique. Thus Raindrop Technique was born, and it has been positively affecting thousands of people's lives ever since.
Why is it called Raindrop Technique?
Very simply, oils are dropped onto the spine during a Raindrop Session from a few inches above the back, giving the feeling of raindrops falling onto the skin. Raindrop is a very non-invasive, but effective, method of applying oils to the feet and back via Vitaflex, feathering and certain massage techniques. Due to Young Living oils' therapeutic nature, and Vitaflex carrying them throughout the body by producing electrical voltages through the nervous system, within minutes the oils are circulating throughout the body on a molecular level. It may boost the immune system and create positive effects to the body's lymph, nervous, endochrine systems as well. It also helps encourage the body's skeletal structure to naturally balance itself, so much so that almost everyone who receives Raindrop will actually grow, some up to one full inch during the first session!
What oils are used during a Raindrop Session?
Only Young Living oils, known for their purity and therapeutic properties, are used during Raindrop. Specific oils are applied in a specific order, in a specific method to the spinal reflex points of the feet and then to the client's back. This encourages the body to make corrections and facilitate healing deep within the body. The single oils of Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Wintergreen, Marjoram, Cypress and Peppermint are used during a basic Raindrop session, as well as the blends Valor and Aroma Siez. The invigorating Ortho Ease, which is a plant-based massage oil infused with essential oils, is also used.
• May help prevent the bacterial and viral causes of spinal misalignment related to scoliosis and kyphosis.
VALOR: Stimulates spinal re-alignment and positively affects the limbic system.
• May help reduce pain.
AROMA SIEZ: Calming, relaxing and relieves tension.
• May help reduce inflammation.
WINTERGREEN: Cortisone-like effect and analgesic properties .
• May help improve circulation.
CYPRESS: Supportive of the circulatory and lymphatic systems.
• May help relieve stress.
BASIL: Relaxing to both voluntary and involuntary muscles.
• May help improve immune function.
THYME: Antiseptic supportive of the body’s natural defenses
OREGANO: Antimicrobial and cleanses cellular receptor sites .
• May help facilitate the release of pent up negative emotions.
MARJORAM: Soothing to nerves, used for migraines
PEPPERMINT: Improves concentration and mental retention. Supports the digestive system and detoxifies the liver.
What benefits may be experienced with Raindrop Technique?
Because of the oils' amazing properties, and the method used in applying them, Raindrop Technique does have a wonderful detoxifying effect on the body. The oils go to work cleaning up the DNA of the cells, correcting the DNA memory and "setting" the cell to hold that correction for an extended period of time. Because of this, plenty of water before and after a Raindrop session for several days is highly recommended. There are also many testimonials regarding benefits ranging from the very subtle, to life-changing, even spontaneous healing that can be experienced. The book A Statistical Validation of Raindrop Technique by David Stewart, PhD is highly recommended to anyone wishing to learn more about the potential level of health that can be achieved through receiving Raindrop.
• Reduces Inflammation – Wintergreen, peppermint and thyme are used in Raindrop Technique and their anti-inflammatory nature has been proven over and over again.
• Relaxes Muscles and Tendons – The anti-inflammatory benefits mentioned above will help contracted, sore and stressed muscles.
• Balances the Body’s Energy Centers – The combination of techniques along with the vibrational energy of the oils restores balance to the body’s energy centers (chakras). Each energy center affects multiple organs and systems creating an overall effect of enhanced well-being.
• Relieves Stress and Reduces Anxiety – Therapeutic essential oils act like adaptogens and help normalize the nervous system. They may enhance positive emotions like joy and laughter, and release negative emotions like depression, regret and anger. Because the oils are so effective at penetrating the cellular membrane, they can affect the limbic system of the brain that controls our mood which affects our behavior.
• No Manual Spinal Adjustments – Spinal alignment occurs naturally without manipulation as pressure is reduced, stress relieved and balance restored. Sometimes there is an increase in the length of the spine when pressure between vertebrae is reduced.
• Helps Joint Discomfort – Much joint discomfort comes from inflamed joints or tight tendons and muscles that cause small mis-alignments in the joints, creating pain and discomfort. The anti-inflammatory properties of the oils help mitigate the pain and discomfort.
• Helps Improve Immune function – Thyme and Oregano essential oils help the body release toxins and support the immune system. Because they are antioxidants, they help eradicate harmful viruses and bacteria that cannot live in an oxygenated environment.
• Reduces Pain – Most effective for reducing joint pain and back pain, but the analgesic ingredients in the essential oils help reduce overall chronic pain and discomfort.
• Detoxifies the Body – The essential oils used in Raindrop Technique are high in phenols which cleanse cellular receptor sites. This action enhances the lymphatic system and is necessary for your body to rid itself of the toxins it is exposed to on a daily basis.
• Aids Circulation and Oxygenation – Essential oils such as cypress, thyme, marjoram and peppermint can help increase circulation as a circulatory stimulant. These oils also have properties that enhance oxygenation at the cellular level. Access to available oxygen is essential to a healthy and vibrant body.
• Enhanced Positive Outlook – Essential oils cross the blood-brain barrier and effect the limbic system where emotions are stored in the brain’s "emotional computer."
How often is Raindrop necessary?
Because each of us is a unique individual, results may vary widely based upon the lifestyle, needs and physiological makeup of each person. However Raindrop can safely be experienced on a weekly basis, depending upon the client's need and response, or on a monthly maintenance schedule to maintain the body's ability to achieve optimal health.
What is the duration and cost of a Raindrop Session?
A Raindrop session runs about 60 minutes in length, plus any discussion time the client may require. You have the choice of a Standard Raindrop Session or the Scripture Oils Raindrop Session. During the Standard Raindrop Session, the following oils are applied: Valor, Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Wintergreen, Cypress, Marjoram, Peppermint, Aroma Siez, and the massage blend Ortho Ease. The Scriptural Oils Raindrop Session includes the oils of Frankincense, Hyssop, Spikenard, Sandalwood (Aloes), Myrtle, Cypress, Cedarwood, Cistus (Rose of Sharon) and Galbanum. In addition to the benefits of the Standard Raindrop Session, the Scripture oils work on a deeper, more emotional level and may be especially beneficial to those with auto-immune issues.
- Raindrop session using Standard Raindrop Oils: $65
- Raindrop session using Scripture Oils: $80
- Children 12 and Under are $10 less
- $5 discount for any session booked within 30 days of the last session
- AromaDome session: $30 (standard use of 3 oils, approx. 30 minutes)
- Discounts for clients who bring their own oils
- Consideration given for partial payment with Young Living products, organic/free range beef/chicken/eggs, organic/organic-in-practice grown fruits/veggies/food staples
Further questions? Come Say Hello, I will be happy to discuss Raindrop Technique, the AromaDome and Essential Oils to all who want to know more!
Common Scents Health © 2014 | All Rights Reserved
This website is for informational purposes only, and is meant only to be educational and empowering in nature. Statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. This website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding in supplements or making any changes in your diet or lifestyle.